You’ll need to have your credentials assessed if you:
- immigrate to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker
- come to Canada to work in a certain profession or trade
- come to Canada to study
Credentials you got outside Canada will need to be assessed, such as:
- work experience
- professional credentials
Having your credentials assessed will help you:
- show employers what you are qualified for
- understand the types of jobs for you might be qualified for
- see if your credentials are equal to the standards set for Canadian workers
- find out if you need more training, education or Canadian work experience
You can start the process to get your credentials assessed and recognized before you arrive in Canada. This takes time and costs money.
To immigrate as a Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
To apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), you must get Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs). This includes any of your completed foreign educational credentials, such as a:
- foreign degree
- other proof of your credential
We use ECAs to see if your credentials are valid and equal to a completed credential in Canada.
You’ll also need to have your skills and training assessed to work in certain jobs in Canada.
source : canada.ca